Northampton Photographer – James Thorpe
Northampton Photographer James Thorpe is an accomplished in wedding, portrait, music and event photographer. His relaxed and friendly style suits many events and puts his subjects instantly at ease.
Northampton Photographer – Born & Bred!
Born in Northampton in 1973, James is married with three sons aged 11, 9 & 2 and lives in the Kingsley area of Northampton not far from his studio. He is a supporter of the Northampton Saints rugby team and follows motor sports of all sorts.
His interest in photography started when he got given a camera as a Christmas present when he was around 13 photographing all sorts of things and honing his basic skills. In 2006, he purchased his first of his professional digital cameras and began to develop a particular interest in photographing people, both in a portrait and performance setting.
With several years of experience in digital photography, James has gained a wide and varied portfolio of work. His relaxed and friendly style suits many events and puts his subjects instantly at ease. Away from portraiture and wedding photography, James has gained an enviable reputation working within the vibrant burlesque and Northampton music scenes and as the official venue photographer for the Roadmender Northampton from it’s re-opening in 2006 until 2010.
In the commercial arena, James has completed many assignments such as shooting online catalogue material for www.forluna.co.uk, www.lamagia.co.uk and www.sheernylons.co.uk
Northampton photographer James is also a member of the Society of Wedding and Portrait Photography.
2012 represents the fourth year that James has been the photographer for Northampton Scout Gang Show and he also works closely with the Looking Glass Theatre Company. James Thorpe Photography is a sponsor and the official photographer for Northampton Vendetta Vixens roller derby team. Through this work, he is fully CRB certified by both the Scout Association and Department for Education.
Northampton photographer James Thorpe’s work has been published in many places both online and in printed media;
- La Magia online catalogue & web site;
- For Luna online catalogue & web site;
- Sheer Nylons catalogue & web site;
- Logical Energy;
- Point of Sale displays for HTC mobile phones across Europe;
- Northampton Chronicle & Echo newspaper – editorial pieces and live music reviews;
- Northampton University website;
- Music for Squares magazine;
- Bizarre magazine;
- Looking Glass Theatre – programmes, flyers, posters, advertising stands and website;
- Northampton Scout Gang Show – programmes, flyers, posters;
- TVR Magazine;
- Image Magazine;
- Neon Magazine;
- Birmingham Old Rep Theatre seasonal programme;
- Enchanted Burlesque – programmes, flyers, posters, advertising and video;
- Vivid Soda Burlesque Revue – programmes, flyers, posters, advertising, website and video;
- 2Shy MC official website and promo material;
- Welwyn & Hatfield Times;
- Cancer Research UK Charity Calendar 2010;
Northampton | Milton Keynes | Bedford | Oxford | Leicester | Birmingham
Telephone: 07531 490150 | Email : email@example.com | Contact Us